Click here for the article, "Ron Paul Draws Big Crowds and Many Undecided Voters in Iowa" by Jason M. Volack
Source: ABC News
Ron Paul has been overlooked, but recently that is changing. Ron Paul isn't the traditional republican, he's a libertarian. He's also a great public speaker according to many students that have heard him speak at several universities and colleges around Iowa. The thing that most attracts people to Ron Paul is that he says it like it is. He doesn't try to win people over by saying what they want to hear. I admire that. The author of this article says that if Paul keeps this kind of fan base up then he might beat Romney out of second place (currently they are tied).
I think the people of America would benefit from a president like Ron Paul. We need someone real. Even though Paul is being criticized for his foreign policy plan, I actually like it. The U.S. needs to stop helping other countries! I'm tired of this country always trying to mediate problems between other countries. I think it's that country's problem to work out, not America's, we are also just a country with our own problems to work out. If I were to participate in the primaries, I would definitely vote for Ron Paul, and even if it ends up being Obama versus Paul, I would also vote for Paul. His views inspire me. I'm sure other people feel this way too, especially young adults. I know a lot of my friends like Ron Paul. But unfortunately, there are a ton of very conservative or very liberal voters that will not vote for Ron Paul.
The author seems to be on Ron Paul's side, as opposed to the other GOP candidates. Volack likes what Paul has to say, and I feel like he wants Paul to win over more people. That is also something that I want.

No comments:
Post a Comment