Source: CBS
Bob Schieffer interviews three different people in favor of three different GOP candidates. The three people are Sen. Rand Paul (supporting his father, Ron Paul), Congressman J.C. Watts (supporting Newt Gingrich), and former Sen. Jim Talent (supporting Mitt Romney). I will concentrate on the Rand Paul part of this episode, which were the first 7 minutes of the show. Rand Paul thinks that his father is a great candidate because he is surging to the top of the polls at all the right moments. When asked whether he thinks Ron Paul has a chance to actually win the nomination and then the election, Rand Paul said that he really does think his dad can do it. Ron Paul is scoring best among the independents and democrats out of all the other GOP candidates. Rand Paul said that you can't win with just the Republican votes, you need the in-betweeners as well. Ron Paul is attracting new and young people thanks to his foreign policy. Ron Paul thinks that we should only go to war if Congress declares it, a lot of Americans are tired of war after ten years in Iraq. Both I and Rand Paul think that this is a wise and not reckless decision on Ron Paul's part.I am not afraid to admit that I adore Ron Paul! His foreign policy is perfect according to me. I hate the fact that America always butts into every other country's business, that is not what America is for. The facts that his son was stating are all great points that should attract voters. Even though Paul isn't the perfect conservative, that's okay because we need a Republican who can also reach out to Democrats. After all this is a country where both parties are pretty even. I think Schieffer was asking good, neutral questions and I liked the way Rand Paul answered them.
No comments:
Post a Comment